Feel Confident in Your Education
The academic advisors at the BYU Salt Lake Center can help you define and achieve your educational and career goals. Our advisors are available to meet with you in person, by video, or on the phone. Here are just a few things we can help with:
- FlexGE @BYU
- Registration and course selection
- Choosing a major
- Choosing a career
- Adjusting to college life
- Transferring to BYU or another institution
- BYU’s admission process
- Strategies to improve academic performance
Academic Advisor Appointments
If you have a question that doesn’t require a full appointment, please email us. For lengthier requests, please schedule an appointment with an advisor by calling 801-933-9400 or schedule your own appointment.
- Class Schedule
- See days and times for courses offered at the BYU Salt Lake Center.
- University Core (General Education)
- View the requirements for the BYU university core.
- Take advantage of free online tutoring available for BYU Salt Lake Center courses.
- Transfer Information
- Learn how to transfer your credits to BYU, including Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) credits.
- To transfer BYU Salt Lake Center credits to another institution, contact that institution for transfer information.
- MyMAP helps you create a plan for graduation by planning, organizing, and registering for classes.
- LearningSuite and Canvas
- LearningSuite and Canvas are learning management systems used by faculty to share course content, administer quizzes and exams, engage in discussion, etc.
- Major Exploration
- Get help with choosing a major.
- Career Exploration
- Get help with choosing a career.
- Syllabi Directory
- Access BYU course syllabi since fall 2010. Some universities require a syllabus when evaluating transfer credits. A Net ID login is required to access a syllabus.
- Guest Access
- Grant another person access to see and manage your BYU account.
Please refer to the University’s Academic Calendar for semester/term start dates, add/drop deadlines, and finals dates.